Self Confidence

The Climb and Unwritten stand out as wonderful anthems of self confidence and self knowledge in life in general. Writes Miley Cyrus:


There’s always gonna be another mountain, I’m always gonna want to make it move

Always gonna be an uphill battle, sometimes I’m gonna have to lose

Ain’t about how fast I get there, ain’t about what’s waiting on the other side~ it’s the climb



And Natasha Bedingfield’s Unwritten:



I am unwritten, can’t read my mind, I’m undefined

I’m just beginning, the pen’s in my hand, ending unplanned...



No one else can feel it for you, only you can let it in

No one else can speak the words on your lips

Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten.



My daughter informed me that I Do Not Hook Up was the “Girl Power song of the summer” in 2009. In it Kelly Clarkson simply announces that she is not interested in a make out session, but in a deep love relationship. Her last line is “Oh sweetheart put the bottle down, ‘cause you don’t want to miss out.” I find it so interesting that girls define themselves a power-song every so often and I’m glad to hear it! At the end of the video, Kelly is dancing and singing in a Country Music Bar in a cowboy hat, even though the song is a classic rock formula and I can’t hear an ounce of Country influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment