Sarcastic?

3Oh!3 has an unfortunate hit Don’t Trust a Ho (called Don’t Trust Me, depending on which version you get on YouTube) that I can only hope is sarcastic, “Shush girl, shut your lips/do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips.” Same with Asher Roth’s I Love College (note: this youtube version is probably not the right one):


That party last night was awfully crazy, I wish we taped it

I danced my ass off and had this one girl completely naked

Drink my beer and smoke my weed, but my good friends is all I need

Pass out at three, wake up at 10, go out to eat, then do it again

Man, I love college



There is another pretty awful sing-along song called Gives You Hell by the All American Rejects that on the surface is about a relationship, yet the images show a societal class struggle. The political aspect of the video is thought provoking and well done. But you’d never catch that aspect on the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment