The Beat

This one really gets me, compelling me to like and listen to music that would have no value to me otherwise. And the worst perpetrator: Lady Gaga.


Let’s have some fun, this beat is sick

I wanna take a ride on your disco stick

Don’t think too much just bust that dick

I wanna take a ride on your disco stick



"Sick" means good. And the kids I've asked about it simply don't care what it says. The beat truely is sick, and there's nothing better to dance to than a sick beat.

The sweet appeal of reggae has not left us, as Akon and Sean Kingston and Jason Mraz carry it on in their music.

Basically every Black Eyed Peas or Fergie song contains an addictive beat that stays with my mind for hours. Even the songs that I analyze as destructive or exploitative carry strong positive connotations in my consciousness because of that awesome jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment